Welcome to the Regional Data Hub – connecting Australians to data and insights about their communities.
Read our latest news articles, case studies, and more.
Tell us what you think about the Hub.
Is something missing? Please let us know about new datasets.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for Hub updates and other developments in regional data.
We know regional data is out there, but it's often difficult to find and locate if you don't have the right knowledge, expertise or tools. The Hub brings together key data sources into an organised and searchable location to help users find regional data of interest.
What is on the Hub?
The Regional Data Hub has three core streams of functionality:
- The easy-to-use Data Catalogue provides users with access to regionally focused data searchable by keyword or topic
- Explore a suite of data insights, dashboards and interactive maps with downloadable datasets
- Learn how to use the functions of the website and regional data with informative videos, factsheets and other resources.
The Hub in development - our history
Announced in the 2020-21 federal budget, the Regional Data Hub was established as a key component of the $13.7 million Better Data use to Support Delivery for Regional Australians program and aims to be an effective online resource connecting regional Australians to information and data about their communities in a single, accessible, and searchable location.
Following an extensive nation-wide public consultation process in 2021, a prototype Hub build and further testing activities in 2022, the Hub’s final public website reflects the design and functionality our stakeholders need and requested.
Importantly, the Hub will continue to track user engagement and interaction with the site over time to remain functional and responsive to evolving user interests and needs.
Regional Data Hub Timeline
- June 2020 - Better Use to Support Delivery in Australia's Regions package announced.
- November 2020 - Regional Data Hub planning and design commenced.
- May 2021- Discussion paper released for comment.
- June 2021 - Public consultation process commenced.
- September 2021 - RDH prototype design commenced.
- June 2022 - RDH prototype released for testing.
- November 2022 - Regional Roadshow of prototype hub completed.
- February 2023 - BETA site in production.
- July 2023 - Regional Data Hub publicly released.